Monday, March 27, 2006

What is this Blog about?

Jason and I started this blog while we were training for the 2005 Chicago Marathon. I think that it is very common anymore for people who are training for some race to start a website to talk about their training and what the heck they are doing (because let's face it when you are new you don't know what you are doing).

The marathon came and went and it was about the most important event in my life. Actually the events line up as such:
  1. Birth
  2. My Wedding
  3. Completing 2005 Chicago Marathon
Was it actually the race day that was so important?

What about those weeks I had to take off because my ankle was swelling up, or the runs that were so horrible I swore off running forever.....these things don't seem to be things you want to necessarily even remember let alone list as the third most important event in your life.

What is it about training for a marathon that changes a person so?

I recently posted about being rejected from a job. One of the comments was something like, "think of this like a marathon, you are only in the first few miles". This got me thinking that you can think of most everything in your life as if you were training for a marathon (and getting through the actual 26.2 on race day!). Starting something, sticking through it till the end. Yes it sounds simple, but after getting through 10 months of training AND the marathon it becomes more clear. Things seem more doable, because shit, I got through the marathon.

Right then, so what is this blog about?

It's about life. It's about running. And everything in between.

Thanks for stopping by and you can now send e-mail to Jason and me at jasonleahrun@gmail.com. This is now also linked at the upper right hand side of the site.

3 comments:

Kendra said...

I forgot to say it earlier, but I love your shirts!

jcerunner said...

You caught the spirit of the long distance runner: it's a way of life!!

Good luck in your "running life"!!

LeahC said...

Kendry -thanks! I ran in the shirt today....kinda wacky.

jcerunner- absolutly! and I love it :-)