Friday, March 31, 2006

IT'S EXPO DAY

Alright, so there is a way inside joke between Jason and I happening here when I keep saying RACE DAY or EXPO DAY. A couple years ago my friend from college got married in Bloomington, Indiana. We were living in B-town at the time and of course went to the wedding but then continued to get hammered with them at bars around town. We were out until like 3am. Usually this is isn't much of a problem but this time we were going to the Indianapolis 500 race the next day. It's been a family tradition for as long as I can remember although it used to be for boys only....wait I'm totally off track here. Anyways we had to leave bloomington around 6am to meet up with everyone at the usual meeting place around 7am (no i don't really know why we all leave so early, although I suppose it's to beat the traffic. In the end though I think it's so we can all start drinking right as the sun comes up). So the entire way up to Indianapolis Jason and I, due to a mild hangover and super tiredness, would start yelling :

"IT'S RACE DAY!!!!! RACE DAY WHOOOOO!!!!"

So we tend to bring that out every once in awhile.

Anyways, we are getting ready to head down to the race expo. It's a beautiful day here in Chicago so it should also be a nice day to hang around downtown. Pictures and hopefully a shoe success story when we return.

No comments: