Saturday, March 18, 2006

Owww! But Right On Pace!

Jason and I had a 3 mile pace run today. I gave my legs a nice rest yesterday which was well appreciated. However, I believe that I woke up sometime in the middle of the night on Thursday night with a really nice charly horse in my left calf muscle. I might have been dreaming, but I did wake up with a ReAlLy sore leg so I am assuming that is what happened. It worked itself out by the end of the day however.

Last night, Jason and I were planning on walking on down to the Borders to look for a C++ book so I can prepare a bit for my upcoming phone interview, however on the way we stopped for A beer at a local brewery near our apartment called Goose Island. Well 5 beers each later, and some dinner and seeing Michigan State loose (yes that's right I had them in the final game in my bracket....stupid stupid Big 10! Tom Izzo you are the end of me!) we came right back home! I am almost in last place in the family bracket pool....but Jason is leading and looks good to bring home the prize! Go Jason!

So right the 3 mile pace. Well we stayed right on pace by my legs were really hurting! What the hell! So I was pretty pissed off about that and I'm hoping the fire will cease and I can get back on enjoying (fully!) my runs. Tomorrow I will be sure to take some Aleve before I head out for the 8 mile run. I know that this is not a recommendation of many runners, but it helped a bit when I did this over the summer and it has to be better than the crap I went through today.

So right, according to favoriterun.com we went 3.05 miles and came in at 25:50 which is an 8:28 pace. Maybe a *little* fast for what we are planning for the mini marathon, but you never know!

3 comments:

JGC Photography said...

Mmmm Beers!

Anonymous said...

Goose Island Honkers Ale rocks!

LeahC said...

yes. yes it does :-)