Sunday, February 19, 2006

Treadmill?

You mean Boring Mill?

Oh man. I have not run on a treadmill for probably about 5 years, but since it was SO cold yesterday (never made it out of the single digits) I thought it would be a good idea to not be so tough (stupid?) and go to the YMCA and get our 3 miles in. So I did about 3 minutes of warming up and getting used to the machine and then 2 minutes at 9 minute miles and then about 2.25 miles at an 8:30 pace, and then .75 at an 8 minute pace. I set the machine to an incline of 1 (I don't know what the units are on this....so don't really know what it means, I just know that I have read to make the treadmill more like actual running to set it at this). I mean it's fun because you can see exactly how far you are running and how fast and blah blah blah. I got to one mile however and I thought I had been on there for like 10 miles.

I got through it anyways but I would rather run outside. I think it was smart that we did the treadmill thing because when we left to walk to the gym I could barely take a deep breath because the air was so cold. I keep getting these ice cream headaches with these temperatures. Very Annoying.

The weather today seems a bit better in the high teens, but it feels like 5 degrees. We have a 5 mile run today so hopefully we can get through this without to many problems. I have to make sure that I do only 5 miles instead of the usual well it should be about 5 miles and it ends up being 6.2.

We'll see how it goes out there!

No comments: