Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Another Good One

After sitting in traffic for a LONG (and i mean LONG) time. Jason and I went out for a nice run around the neighborhood. I am really liking my new mix because all the songs are totally upbeat and are all the songs that I wish were on my shuffle when I was running before. It was also a nice winter evening with a light dusting of snow on the ground. The temperature was a bit on the chilly side but not too bad. I wore my thicker jacket and was actually warm (when the wind was at my back :-) ).

We went 3.94 miles is about 35:30. I pressed the wrong button or something on my watch and so it didn't stop right away, but that should be about right. This puts us at a roughly a 9:00 min/mile pace which I feel very comfortable running at. I am going to try and keep our pace here because my legs are feeling great (!). I have had only slight shin pain and instead of slowing down to try and nurse it, I have been sticking at the pace that I am at and I have been able to run through it. I am wondering if when I slow down I bounce up and down more therefore putting more stress on my legs. Maybe keeping up a slightly higher pace is putting my stride in the right place instead of cutting it short. I don't know. Just an idea....gotta think of something while running.

No comments: