Sunday, February 05, 2006

Mr. FancyPhysicsBoy strikes again!

You've been hacked, Insane Running Girl!

No, as it turns out, I'm not hacking the system. In fact, I'm actually a writer on this site! Of course, you'd never know this since I've been doing a remarkable job of not writing. In fact, this is some of the best not-writing I've done in a long time.

As Leah said, Physics is hard. Last week consisted of many 16 hour work days mixed in with a 24 hour day and then capped off with a 17 hour day. Not a lot of time for running.

I'm not really okay with this.

I don't like when my work interferes with my life to the point where I can't do the simple things...like run. But, as long as it's only a couple weeks once every many, many months it's survivable. What I have discovered is that I know I never want the type of job that forces me to keep up this kind of pace on a daily basis.

Actually, I think it's sort of impossible to keep up this sort of pace with any regularity unless you do entire buckets-full of Coccaine, which is an expensive habit and can give you a nasty case of the sniffles. So I plan on passing on 80 hour weeks.

What's that you say? This is a running site? Okay, if you insist, I will write about today's run. Leah and I repeated last week's 5.3 mile run along the lakefront. I felt pretty good and mostly I was just happy to be out there. The sun was shining, the air was cool, and I was sweating as I definitely overdressed.

All I know is it wasn't work and it felt great.

-----------Side Note-----------------

So, when I got home on Friday after working from 7am-midnight, there was a little present waiting for me. I unwrap it and, to my amazement, what do I find? An iPod! The wonderful wife, as a belated X-mas gift and to celebrate my (basically) finished first analysis, bought me a fancy new iPod. For once, I am actually in posession of a current technology.

It was a physics miracle.

(I have a good wife)

No comments: