Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Nice Bike Shop & Too Out of It

Last night we got to the train station at about 6 pm. On the way home the day before I had noticed a bike shop on Fulton and thought they might have been open. I wanted to get the piece for my tire as I am already convinced of being hit by a car and I don't think I need to facilitate that happening with my front tire flying off.

So we stop at the bike shop and I run in to tell them what happened to my bike and the guy tells me to bring the bike in so he can look at it. I chatted with one of the other customers while the guy working there, put a little piece on the tire and told me I was good to go. I asked how much I owed him and he said not to worry about it. I realize that the piece probably costs about 25 cents, but it's still nice to have such nice customer service. I would recommed Get a Grip Cycles for all of your cycling needs.

With my bike newly stabalized we headed home. We headed WNW.....with a 30mph wind that was WNW....wait...that means it's right in my face. It was really really hard. I realize that I sound whiney and whatever. But I am not a bike rider. I don't have fancy pedals or speedy anything....I do have lots of gears though and so I was almost in the lowest gear I could be in and still make forward progress.

We finally made it home, and I started to find running clothes. Then I felt dizzy. Then Jason looked at my hip where I had falled and was astonished by how swollen it was (he said I wasn't symmetrical anymore). Then we decided not to run. It was freezing out. We were exhausted, I was diagnosed with unsymmetricalness.....it wasn't going to happen. Which is fine. I don't want to be run down and overrun before we even get this party started.

So yes. We will run 5 today, probably none tomorrow since my old friend from Grad school is in town, then maybe 4 on Saturday and 6 on Sunday. We'll be two miles short of my plan, but up 24 miles of biking (I think we'll walk to the train tomorrow). I hope then to repeat the schedule again next week, and after that start increasing the distances. The biking distance will not change, so I am hoping that my body get accustomed to it.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Owwwww. I hope you are feeling better, Leah.