Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Up and On it

This week starts the second week of....let's get on that running train. Last week I thought it would be no problem to get all the runs/workouts in without being too tired. I was totally wrong about that. However I am feeling much better so far this week. Yesterday we got to work around 10am and went to a Volleyball clinic from 5:30-7:15. After that we drove back to the city and stopped by the local YMCA to get our muscles big and strong :-)

I mentioned yesterday that I was going to try and do these ab exercises that were in Runner's World magazine. Yeah. I apparently have a few weak stomach, which I never would have thought as I am in pretty good shape. One of the exercises was to lay on your back with your legs straight up in the air and then twist your trunk so that your legs were about 12 inches off the ground and then pull them back up to vertical. hahaha, once my feet were 12 inches off the floor they kept right on going to the ground. I do think that these are good exercises because the article mentioned that they were good workouts for running, so hopefully they will help the ole's abs and also benefit my running a bit.

Today we got up at 7 and went for an easy 3 mile run, and felt pretty good. Tomorrow we'll try that again and see how much our bodies like getting up earlish to run.

No comments: