Friday, March 07, 2008

Tempoing on the Mill

Yesterday we had a 35 minute tempo run on the schedule. I got home from work at about 7:30 and we chilled, watched some American Idol and then at about 9pm headed to the gym. Similar to going early in the morning it's nice and empty at that time and so Jason and I were able to get treadmills next to each other.

My Tempo run went fine. I took the same pattern as the last time I did this but bumping up the time in the tempo zone to 3.5 minutes each instead of 3 minutes. So it was like this :

Minutes 0-5 : 9:31 min/mile

Minutes 5-10 : 9:05 min/mile
Minutes 10-13.5 : 8:12 min/mile
Minutes 13.5-17 : 7:47 min/mile
Minutes 17-20.5 : 7:30 min/mile
Minutes 20.5-24 : 7:03 min/mile
Minutes 24-27.5 : 7:30 min/mile
Minutes 27.5-35 : 9:05 min/mile

I felt "ok" during the workout. I mean I got through it all ok, but the last time I did this workout I felt a bit better. Not surprising after a week in the islands and one (or five) too many Presidente beers.

Today we have a 3 mile plus strength. I think I'll do what I did for this last time as well, keep an easy pace of about 8:50 or so and then setup up the treadmill to have a hill workout. Then do some weight lifting. We are going to do this at night as well, probably around 8pm or so since the gym closes at 10pm on Fridays.

Today is my favorite day of the week. So happy Friday everyone!

No comments: