Thursday, March 06, 2008

CPL...FINALLY!

I know I should be a better library patron. My apartment is filled to the brim with books, and if I spent some time to calculate how much money I have spent on books I would probably want to curl up in a little ball and cry as I would see a down payment for a condo.

Anyways.

There is a Chicago Public Library about two blocks from my apartment. It's really small though so they don't have many books. Awhile ago I went onto the CPL site to see if I could reserve books online and found that the site pretty much blew chunks. As I was looking through Chicagoist.com today however, I noted a post that said that the CPL site has been revamped. I did some perusing and it looks great. It looks like you can put a book on hold and they will send it to your preferred library branch and when it gets in they'll send you an e-mail. Plus you can see if you have any books overdue, or what fines you have. I can't check it out for reals because I have a $0.10 fine on my card. But I'm really excited about the site. Check it out : http://www.chipublib.org/

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

I love that about our library here in Columbus! The reservation system rocks. You don't really even have to go to the library except to check out & return!

I used to love going to the library on th weekends growing up. Yes, I am a dork.