Thursday, March 06, 2008

Blackhawks!

I forgot that Jason and I had the last game of our Holiday season ticket package for the Blackhawks game last night. That trumps running and so we will just move everything up one day. Another great game with the Hawks beating the Ducks (Stanley Cup defending champs) 3-0. Our goalie was a rookie and still didn't allow any goals which was great to see.

So then the schedule is 35 minute tempo run today. We might try and get outside to do it depending on the wind and weather...this is when I really miss living by the lakefront because Tempo runs are easy to do over there as you don't have traffic lights to worry about. In the neighborhood we have routes that are easy to dodge traffic, but still miss the path sometimes. Looks like the rest of the week will be good to go although bumping the distance to 7 (!) miles on Sunday. That used to not be a lot but I don't know the last time we ran farther than 6. Pathetic I know.

I'm heading to the lab today because I really have a lot of work to do and I need to get it done and easier to work there as there are less distractions even though I waste about 2.5 hours driving there and home.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

7 miles this weekend... sigh. I think I need a good running motivational book. :)