Saturday, April 29, 2006

1 Week to Indy

Well the race is almost upon us. We have one week to go, with only one long run left and then a pretty easy running schedule next week. I have many reasons to look forward to this race, but I am way excited because my dad and stepmom are coming in to watch. They live on thier 40' sailboat which is currently in Key West and I don't get to see them as much as I used to. When I called to tell my dad I was running the Chicago Marathon and so if he wanted to spectate again he should put October 22nd on his calender. He laughed and said, "You know Leah, you don't have to run marathons for me to come visit!" But I think it's a good reason, so I'll keep running these races :-)

We ran the Indy Mini 2 years ago and had no idea what the hell we were doing, but loved it so much we decided to stick with this running thing and as you know if you read this blog it has become a huge huge part of our lives....as in there is work, there is sleep and there is running. That's about all we do. I know I know we are totally cool. Anyways, I am looking forward to running this race after getting some other races under my belt and feeling more comfortable with that kind of distance.

We had another good run today! I think I like to have 2 or 3 good runs to offset a bad run. I don't know why it's not a 1-1 ratio, but I think it's easy for my confidence to be shot down and only after I prove to myself a couple times that everything is going to be ok can I stop worrying! Anyways we were supposed to do 3 miles at our 1/2 marathon pace but went a bit fast.....but it felt good to go fast. I kept track of mile splits this time (note that it's 1.2 miles to where thee mile markers start, so I take this as the first "mile" then real mile splits after that.

1.2 Miles - 10:30 (8:45 pace)
2.2 Miles - 18:25.52 (7:55.08 pace)
3.2 Miles - 26:04.54 (7:39.02 pace)

Not too bad. Jason and I are starting to think about a stategy for this race. This is the first time we have done this as usually it's "Look at all the people & run forward till the end". More on that as we get closer to the race. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both are cool kids and speed demons.

Darrell said...

Work, Sleep, Running! That's all we do. That is totally cool. I love it.

I just stopped by to wish you a great race.