Sunday, March 01, 2009

5 Months + 1 Day

Well it is now exactly the first minute of March 1st. I can't seem to sleep and thus I'm up blogging at 12:00 am on a Sunday morning. Jason and I went for a run on Saturday afternoon and realized that we were in some kind of bad shape. Shocking I know after months and months and months of no training. While we were out running pretending that it was June and not the end of February and brutally cold and windy we decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon at the beginning of August. We chose the first one we found, the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon on August 2nd. Thus we have 5 months to get our shit together so that we can finish the race in one piece. Half marathons are always fun because the training isn't absurd like a marathon and the race itself doesn't knock you out for weeks on end following the race. Right now our tentative plan is to run 4 days a week and try and hit the gym 2 or 3 times a week. I figure March 1st is as good a time as any for some resolutions/goals.

So right. We went to Zurich which was awesomely fun and there will be more details following as I'm also setting a goal to write more here. You know the only way to become a better writer is to do it everyday...shocking, it's just like everything else in life...practice makes you better. I'm still working on getting all of the photos developed, but until they are all ready here are a few of the city of Zurich. I'll be updating my photoblog (http://leahcphotos.wordpress.com) daily with photos from the trip and will have a full smugmug account full within the next week or so. Enjoy!

No comments: