Friday, March 27, 2009

Now We Wait

Sigh. I'm so not a patient person and I tend to think the worst so that I can be really happy when the best happens. I'm trying not to do that in this whole pregnancy situation.

I'm realizing that the only people that post on pregnancy message boards are those people that have had problems. Where is the perfect pregnancy message board where nothing went wrong and you didn't suffer a ton of symptoms. I want to join that club. I told Jason I'm going to stay off the message boards until at least I have the first ultrasound (26 days!) to make sure the nugget is where it's supposed to be, heart beating like it should and everything looks good. Otherwise I'll keep convincing myself I've killed it, or something else is wrong and there is no reason to do that. And there is really no reason to think that. About 15-20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, and I don't have any of the common risk factors (note..I did say *common* as I know that sometimes they just end for no reason). So I'm going to take my 80-85% chance of a normal pregnancy. All the rambling and my point is simple, no reason to think something is wrong until it is and I'm just going to enjoy growing the little human and try to not worry.

Today marks the end of Week 5, although I'm going to start counting it on Saturdays. I'm going to do the picture of my belly a week thing. A guy I work with was like, you should really do it, even if you don't want to look at them again, you might want to. So Jason is going to have to get behind the camera and I'll have to just deal with being in front of it.

Still not having a ton of symptoms, just feeling a bit tired and sleeping more at night than I think I ever have in my life. Tonight I get to tell my friend Laura and I'm SO excited to tell her as I think she'll be really excited.

Alright, well I should work now I suppose.

No comments: