Monday, March 23, 2009

Less Faint

Yesterday after still no period starting, AND the faint line, Jason and I walked to Borders and bought What to Expect When You are Expecting (I think I'm expecting...) and Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs (which yes...made me laugh...but also freakin' terrified and grossed me out). We also bought some none generic brand pregnancy tests.

Woke up this morning at 4:55, but didn't want to get up till 6, so I laid there convinced that my period was really going to start and all of the previous day was a fun little dream. At 5:50 I had to get up as I was tired of laying there and holy hell did I have to pee.

So. I peed. On the stick. And 3 minutes later there was a line there. Still not as strong as the control line...but you didn't have to squint to see it.

So right. Now what? Being a scientist, I'm still not convinced and I gotta say, this whole weekend was very anti-climatic. I figured a few months of trying, some disappointing trips to the bathroom just to find Aunt Flow (really...they still call it that on all the message boards), then one month of, "Oh I just know I'm pregnant honey!" and then taking a test and seeing the second line. Instead this was the month we decided to stop not trying and have some fun, two weeks later and I don't feel pregnant at all, and I'm still not convinced by the line (I KNOW I KNOW....there is no way that there is a line there at all unless you are pregnant...I just wanted a wham bam thank you ma'am line).

So right. There are some cells in there. Doing some dividing. Wow. I realize as I just re-read this post I don't sound excited...I am totally excited! ... but I just want to be sure. We aren't going to tell anyone including our parents until we see a doctor, and it's kind of fun having a little secret of our own.

Let the new door open!

No comments: