Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Spin Faster

Come on. Come On. Double Time. That's it...peddle. Now give me a full turn to the right, and peddle. Come on. PEDDLE! This was like 10 minutes into a 60 minute spinning class.

For those of you that have read this blog for awhile or know me at all, know that I am not one for indoor cardio. I cannot help but watch the clock and be shocked that only 3 minutes have passed in what feels like 30 minutes. This winter however, I am trying to not be so uppity about indoor training and get more gym workouts in. This included trying out spinning for the first time this morning at the bright eyed bushy tail hour of 6am. (oh yeah...and I never bike. Ever. I own a mountain bike that I use during the summers to get around the city but...sparingly to say the least).

So the alarm goes off at 5am. There was an attempt last night to turn in early, but there I was at 11pm, looking at my clock, thinking "How is it 11pm already...that means my alarm is going off in 6 hours" quickly followed by "Don't look at the clock, because you know that at this point you will now be getting less than 6 hours of sleep". I don't know what time I fell asleep, but whatever, less than 6 hours is not so much enough.

But we got up and on it, a half a packet of oatmeal down and it was out into the rain and off to the gym.

I think a lot of people have done spin so I am not going to go into the details of the class. But I do think it's a great workout that I am going to try and do it once or twice a week. If you haven't done spinning and think your legs are not strong enough (hint hint to the other writer on this blog) you should give it a try as it burns the ole' quads. So perhaps running Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Sunday, with weight training on Monday, Wednesday and Pilates on Friday. Then Spinning on Tuesday and Thursday....? That could work. Well a plan is forming anyways.

Jason and I have to register to vote so we are going to go change the address on our drivers license at lunch time today. The weather is so crappy, hopefully the rain lets up a bit between 11 and 1.

1 comment:

Undrunk Panda said...

I actually LOVE spinning. It's one of the only cardio things I can do at the gym and not want to kill myself.

I let my gym membership go, and am buying a road bike, instead. Since I live in Florida and don't have very many excuses to use the gym anyway. I'm hoping adding cycling to my runnig will break up some of the monotony and give my legs a break.