Tuesday, October 17, 2006

6 Solo

My Jason has as a really sore back. He has been laying on the floor all day. Not good a few days before the marathon. Hopefully all the heating he has been doing will help.

Because he was stuck laying on the wood floor I went out for a 6 mile recovery run solo. Felt good the whole way, stopped to stretch a few times, had some kids through some paper at me out of a bus. Lovely. Finished pacing 9:20 miles. I took some music (which I haven't done for awhile and it was really nice) with some Recovery type mellow music on it. I ended up having the Garden State soundtrack for most of the run along with Room At the Top and Echo by Tom Petty. Nice groove to music as my cool groove 9:20 pace felt.

The weather has moved down to a high of 45. It's going to be fine. Maybe I'll finish in 3:40ish just to get out of the cold :-) You never know. Crazier things have happened. (realistically I am going for 3:45-3:50.....)

6 comments:

Carrie said...

You guys are so going to hit that mark, you are well trained and ready, I can't wait for your report. Have a great race!!!!!

Carrie

Theoutofshapeguy said...

Oh back pain. I know how that feels. Hope you feel better.

Great job on the recovery run!

Arcane said...

Hope he feels better soon, like really soon!

Triseverance said...

Oh man that is a bummer for the J Man. Hope he feels better soon.

MNFirefly said...

I hope Jason feels better soon. Heat, heat, and more heat.

Nice job on the run today.

Jason said...

thanks all. It's getting better, I promise. It doesn't hurt when I walk anymore which is a good sign. Talk about your bad timing, though.