Saturday, September 02, 2006

Apartment Disaster

This has been the worst move ever. We are renting our current apartment to our friend semi-furnished for the month of september. The thinking here was that we would then not have to rent a truck and could just move things in stages. We worked from 8pm Thursday night to about 10pm last night with a 3 hour nap in between. needless to say our 12 mile run didn't happen. And? Oh we still don't have a bunch of our stuff that we need....like our coffee pot for example. (although it's all getting there)

The big problem though is that the old tenant at our new apartment had a cat that apparently missed the fucking litter box. For 2 YEARS. The whole apartment smells like cat urine and it's all soaked up into the wood. I tried to clean it up with this extra strength cleaner, and scrub it out. Now I have just made the floors worse and the smell not better. There are two main spots, one in the kitchen and one in the second bedroom. Of course I won't be able to talk to the apartment people until Tuesday because of the holiday and I am guessing when I tell them they have to sand and resurface those two rooms (it's all hard wood) they are going to say no. and I am going to continue to have a nervous break down. I went to Home Depot and asked the guy if there was anything I could do and he said it would be such a pain in the ass and to tell the landlords they have to do it.

I am so pissed because I actually love moving and this has made the whole experience awful and depressing. Whatever.

I hope to get 5 miles in tonight and then 20 tomorrow and count going up and down three flights of stairs for 24 hours equal to 12 miles.

shit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is that really really sucks. I hope you have a great landlord.
And the stairs should defintely count as miles.

MNFirefly said...

Make a BIG NOTE on the check-in list about the urine issues. It should have been noted when the old tenant moved out. It's the landlord responsiblity here in MN. I don't know how IL law works there. Hold them accountable!

I count the stairs as cross-training.

Carrie said...

yuck, that totally sucks!

Triseverance said...

I am sorry about the cat pee issue. Another reason I am not a cat fan. Good luck.

Bob

! said...

what a big stinker!...Man yeh that's the down side of having animals (cleaning up after them) which one of the main reasons I don't have one. I hope your tenant isn't a jerk and is willng to fix it up before you move, who wants to live with the smell of cat urine...??? They should be able to fix it. I mean true it is their responsibility. :O)