Monday, September 25, 2006

5 Paced, Phase 2, 17 LSD & I'm 27

This weeked was BUSY! On Friday night we went to our old apartment and apparently, "Jason, all we have to do is pack up a few things in the kitchen and we'll be done." was slightly exagerrated. We started opening all the cabinets and realizing how much storage space we have in that apartment compared to our new place. We packed up a box or two and then headed down the street to get some burgers and beers and then grabbed a few of the boxes and headed back to our new apartment.

I had dreams of getting up at 5:30am Saturday morning and crusing through a 9 mile pace run before going to get out Budget truck and continuing with the move for the day. Right. No. That didn't happen. I did get up at 7am however and we cruised through a 5 mile pace run. It went well, we pace 8:30 miles for the whole thing which is pretty good.

We spent the rest of the day moving our furniture to our new place. Thanks to my cousin Lisa and her fiance Evin for helping us. Our old apartment was on the third floor, so we had a nice bit of cross training. We made the first trip back to the new place with our funiture and Jason gets to tell me, "I told you so" because everything fit! I was convinced that it wouldn't but as he reminded me, we live in a 3D world :-) On the way back to the old place for another trip we realized we were starving and saw a Burger King and so for the first time in a long time we enjoyed big Whoppers with Cheese and some fries. So. Delicious. When we got back to the old place I just started throwing stuff into boxes. None of it goes together but it's all somewhere. I had one box that had some pictures in it, a fancy pillow, some CD's some books and some kitchen utensils.

Now our apartment is filled with furniture (yeah) and lots and lots of boxes (booo). We will try and get through the boxes this afternoon as this isn't quite what you would call work conducive. The best part (aside from having a couch to sit on) is that we have our bed now. No more air mattress, and wow that proved to be nice and I slept really hard on Saturday night and woke up at 5:30am Sunday morning sans alarm clock.

On Sunday morning we went out for a 17 miler. My garmin's batteries were dead, but I knew about where we should turn around. This ended up being really nice as sometimes, it's really nice to just go out and run and let the world around you pass by and not be only in tune with your watch. It was a beautiful morning along the lake front and I don't remember the last time we were up so early. It's amazing how quiet downtown bustling Chicago can be at certain times of the day. Very. Cool.

We ended up doing this run in about 2 hours and 35 minutes which is great. 2 hours and 33 minutes would have been 9 minute miles. So a good day.

Sunday was also my birthday. I'm the big 27. I don't know why I feel so old. I know 27 is not old, but I think when I was in my lower twenties, I was like 27? That's old. Sigh. Oh well, my next scary age is 44 so I got some years in between. Hopefully by my birthday next year you'll all be able to call me Dr. Leah.....that's if my advisor doesn't give me the boot first (hence I should get to work)

Jason gave me Bears tickets for my birthday!!!!! The Sunday after the marathon which should be loads of fun. This Sunday however we went out to a bar called Cans and met up with Mike and Barb, our friends Jake and Laura and Lisa stopped by for awhile as well. We had a great time and it was a perfect way to celebrate. It was hilarious because the Bears were down with 2 minutes to go and I was like, "That's just perfect, all I really wanted for my birthday was a Bears win". The next two plays......TOUCHDOWN. It's when you can win not easily that I think shows that potential of a team. So Go Bears.

Alright, it's off to work for me (now that I am working from home this just requires me opening another window...I love working at home!). Enjoy your Monday's!

9 comments:

Triseverance said...

Happy 27th Leah! If you think that's old just wait. They really start to fly by.

Sounds like you guys are doing some nice running.

Enjoy the new pad. But the Bears....grrrrr. Hey but the Packers finally won, woot woot!!

ShoreTurtle said...

Happy birthday!

Thomas said...

Happy Birthday. What do you mean, 27 and old? You really are a spring chicken. Oh, to be as young as that again....

Scott said...

You're right Leah. It does suck that you ar 27 because that makes me 56!

love you,
DAd

Iron Jayhawk said...

We had a great time celebrating with you crazy kids. You really can't beat $2 beers. That just begs for trouble. :)

...I'm trying to savor my last few hours as a 24-year old for the first time. I'm sure the next go around at that age won't be all too bad.

You guys need a house warming soiree!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Arcane said...

Happy 27th Birthday! Y

Michele said...

Happy Birthday
Man if you are old then I guess I am near death!!!

MNFirefly said...

Pfffffffft! (From the Bears win - Viking loss) I hope you had a chance to read my blog from Sunday.

Happy Birthday!