Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yesterday we ran 3.5 miles after a weekend of fun in the sun. Since my knee had been hurting all day, we took it nice and slow and I tried to think about my running form as I was going. Felt good throughout the whole thing until we stopped and the heat of the night hit me. Whoo hoo was it hot out. Walked home and stopped to get water from the fire hydrant across the street from Wrigley that is always turned out (i swear this is the best water in the city!) Went home and enjoyed an Edy's Lemonade popsicle. Really is there anything better than a popsicle on a hot summer night? I didn't think so either.

I also have gotten some Johnsons Foot soap and have been soaking my feet for 15-20 minutes each night. I know I know i sound like such an old lady, but I have some blisters on my toes and so I don't want them to get all infected and actually think it's working alright. I also iced my left knee for about 20 minutes before bed.

The Route:
G&W->Waveland->Lake Front Path->4 Mile Marker (one past belmont)->Back to Waveland->Halstead

No comments: