Monday, July 25, 2005

UPDATE

Wow, am I behind on the running updating.

So let's see waz up.

07/21/05
Today, we had the busiest day that we have had in awhile, and that's saying a lot for our days. We are leaving for Michigan the next morning and had so much to do to get ready for our mini three day vacation. So we came into work, played softball at 5:30 and the game went forever! We left the lab around 8:00 and got home around 9pm. We started cleaning our apartment, and packing. I had to make cookies to bring to my aunt and uncles lake house, so to make a long story short we went for our 4.5 mile run at MIDNIGHT! Actually it went alright. We got the usual, "What the hell are you running for, don't you know that it's 12:30 in the morning" from a band of drunk 20 somethings. I love the comments from people when Jason and I run late at night. No, actually I thought that it was more like 12:30 in the afternoon. idiots. Anyways, the run went fine. Nothing too spectacular. The underpass at waveland was closed so we had to run to the underpass that is a tad north of Belmont.

07/23/05
We ran at my aunt and uncles lake house in Three Rivers, MI. Our best friend Joe (who was the best man at our wedding) was up there for the weekend also and decided to go on the long run with us. We got up at 5am and were out running before 6, which I always love. The planned distnace was 12 miles. I brought my gps timex system, but it had a lot of problems getting and keeping a signal. So Jason and I decided that with all the hills to play it safe and run for 1 hour and 52 minutes, this comes down to 9:15 miles, which seemed about right. If anything it would have been a little far, which I would rather have it be than too short. So we found out that Three Rivers, MI is WAY HILLY. yowza. It was a little tough for me to finish as I had some knee discomfort that hit me at about 90 minutes. I am hoping that it will heal itself up since it's annoying. I would like to congratulate Joe because he ran the whole 12 miles. The farthest he had run before that was 6 miles. So rock on Joe.

Alright, well that should catch me up. Tonight we will run a slow 3.5 mile.....hopefully these thunderstorms move along.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Seriously...I think we are insane.