Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Wait what?... Running?

That’s right people. After so many weeks off I ran last night. My achilles has been feeling better for weeks now and I just need to get out there and run, my body was starting to ache from being so damn static for so long. So I got home threw on running clothes and ran. We ran ALL the way to the gym. That’s right, a whopping 1.5 miles. I don’t care how far it was (or rather how not far it was) because I know that this recovery is still going to be a long slow process. Build up slow. yadda yadda. Plus I don’t want any kind of fake optimism of “now I am going to run everyday or 4 times a week or whatever” Having time to run is still going to be based on how well Thesis is going and as it’s going relatively well these days a run was in order.

So we ran to the gym and then the plan was to do our normal weight routine and then run home. Oh right...but we probably got to the gym at 7:45pm meaning I hadn’t had anything to eat for about 6 hours. So we did a few things but in the middle of some assisted pullups I got pretty light headed and so decided to quit and walk home instead. Which is fine. I should have known better and had a granola bar or something before leaving the house.

The achilles didn’t hurt much, I would say...probably about 99% pain free. Just felt some twinges when we got back to the house. Not so much the pain I was feeling previously, but just more a stiffness type of thing. No running and lots of icing...maybe that could happen.

Who cares. I RAN A MILE AND A HALF BITCHES.

Oh, the glory of small victories.

2 comments:

Iron Jayhawk said...

Hooray for tiny victories!!!

Glad to see you're on the mend, darlin! :)

Anonymous said...

Yea! We like our Leah RUNNING!

DAd