Tuesday, May 08, 2007

In some close games....

DoH goes down 2 games to 1. Boo to volleyball. We won the first game, we were way ahead in the second game and ended up losing and then lost the third game. One year I suppose we'll make it out of the first round of the playoffs....but this wasn't the year. The good part of this however is that I get another day off....although I am thinking about adding in weight training Mondays and Wednesdays. I know it's only two days a week, but I don't think I would be hurting anything if I added this in and hopefully I would see some benefit. We have a gym here at the lab so it would just be a few nights a week that I would be here later. Ah we'll see what happens. I might try and give it a go next Monday and slowly start adding that in.

Tonight we are running with Mike and Barb and introducing them to the ever fun Lactate Threshold runs. To just start getting into it and getting an idea of what those LT paces are like, we are going to do 5 miles with only 1 mile at the LT pace. So 2 miles at an easy pace, 1 mile at LT pace and then 2 more easy miles to end the run. I have used the McMillian calculator to determine what everyone's paces should be for each part of the run based on their goal time....I do like playing the numbers game and it's been fun helping them figure out what they think they can do. I made an iPod LT list for myself and Jason as I have found it to be extremly helpful to have music for these runs. It shouldn't be too bad, but I'm excited to remind myself what those miles feel like.


I have been playing around with this Nike training log, and found that it does pretty nice graphs (we all know how much I like graphs), so we can see how my training has been going since the first week of January where I rocked, through February where me and Chicago winter didn't get along and then back into the spring ramping back up slowly but surely for the summer training. It's a pretty good training log site, although still missing a few things that I would like to be able to see...but then again, aren't they all. But just to track paces and distance it works out pretty well, so if you are interested you can check it out at nikerunning.com and click on the 'Training' button on the right hand side.

5 comments:

NICOLE said...

Good luck with the LT run!
I love the nike site - it keeps great stats.

Kendra said...

Sorry to hear about the DoH loss. Maybe next year!

MNFirefly said...

Have fun with Mike and Barb. Don't work them too hard.

So sorry about the volleyball game.

Iron Jayhawk said...

Aww...your graph is so pretty. :)

And thanks for the weekly ass kicking!! ...if by ass kicking you mean a good run with one semi-brutal mile. :)

Josh Dysart said...

I heard Barb had funnn with her first LT run. And thanks for the link to the calculator, I'll have to use that.