Friday, April 17, 2009

Just When I Thought I Was Out...They Pull Me Back In

And when I say "they" I mean the nugget and when I say "thought I was out", I mean out of the tired arena of pregnancy. (Also the sore chest...but my dad reads this blog so let's just say the girls were not happy two nights ago at about 2am. At. All.)

Nope. I went to bed at 8:30 last night. For real, like I couldn't stay up one minute longer and so had to go to bed. I am such a rock star. I also then slept until 6:30. I feel really good in the mornings though, so I got that going for me.

Today marks the end of week 8! Which is good cause nothing terrible has happened yet. On Wednesday of next week I'll be getting the first ultrasound which both Jason and I are looking forward to. I'm tired of thinking there is no baby and he's tired of hearing me tell him that I think there is no baby, so we'll be happy to really see it in there. I'm thinking this whole thing will just get a little bit more real at that point.

My good friend from high school is also pregnant and so that's been a lot of fun for both of us I think. She's about 9 weeks ahead of me and having a good pregnancy so it's been really really fun talking to her about working while pregnant, the fun wake ups at 1 or 2 in the morning. She's a chemist and works in a male dominated field and with me in software development...well right, there aren't many woman (read :none) so it's been great having her available for pregnancy comments/questions. AND she gets to go through it all first.

I've been running...although slow and steady. Now that it seems that the weather has made a nice 180 degree turn, it should be easier to get out there every other day (that's my basic plan). Jason and I run 20 minutes out, then 10 more minutes (total of about 3 miles) and then finish by walking home. Starting on May 11th, Jason will start training for the Rock and Roll 1/2 marathon that is on August 2nd and I'll be trying to think of ways to help. I'm probably going to try and ride my bike with him for his long runs until I can't lean over my belly anymore, and I'm sure we'll be clever with some other ways to keep me involved as his coach. We live across the street from a track and so I'm going to sit on the side and cheer him on while he does his laps for speed work. Whatever it is we'll figure something out.

So Right Week 8 Done. And Done. I will be publishing all of these probably in about a week or so. I just want to get through the ultrasound before I post anything. I just would love to hear from other women who are pregnant and runners and see how they are getting along in the process.

No comments: