Thursday, April 23, 2009

I See You!

Hey Baby!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday morning and your Daddy and I got to see you in there. You have a very tiny flickering in the center of your body, which is apparently your heart beating. I had to stay laying back on the table and I kept wanting to lean forward to stick my face right in front of the screen to see it but the Doctor kept telling me I had to stay relaxed. But I saw it, and your Daddy really got a good look at it. Right now ... well yesterday morning you were 1.87 cm long. I wonder how much you grow in just one day....

You Daddy and I think that you look like a gummy bear, and don't worry that's not an insult to you because as you'll learn in your life we *love* candy and gummy bears are right at the top of the list...well maybe after sour patch kids and lemonheads, and we are glad you don't look like a lemonhead. We also think you're kinda cute, and look like you're sleeping and when we look at your picture it makes us smile.

You are still making Mommy *very* tired. Yesterday we walked to the doctors office and then all the way to work and I felt like I was dead for most of the day. I could barely keep my eyes open when we got home which made me sad because we were going to go for a run. Well maybe we'll get a run in tonight. I hope I'm get back my full "LET'S DO EVERYTHING" attitude when you get here, or at least in a couple of weeks!

The weather in Chicago is changing for the better. Two days ago it was 30 degrees, and today it will be in the 70s and 80s tomorrow. You'll grow to love Chicago as much as your parents, although I suspect you'll hate March and April as much as we do....well April starts the baseball season and so it's a step above March.....In my opinion March could just be deleted from the calendar. Although....I suppose you were conceived in March and so I take it back, it's my favorite month!

Alright, well it's time for your mommy to go to work.

No comments: