Wednesday, January 10, 2007

High BP

I just got back from Planned Parenthood to restart my birth control pills. At this point I am only taking them to control my mentral cycle since it can get out of hand when I'm off (at least from what I remember since I have been on the pill for so long).

Anyways, apparently my blood pressure has sky rocketed to 168/100. (last year this time it was 120/70)

Since the pill can increase the chance for heart attacks/stroke they won't refill it. Which I totally understand since they don't want a lawsuit on their hands.

But now I am totally worried about it and know that if I go and get it retaken it will be higher since I am worried about it being taken in the first place. Plus work is getting worse not better AND now that I can't get the pill my cycle is going to be fucking awful...and what timing, I should have my period right during the marathon. awesome. I am guessing the highness is based on stress, but I see no aleviation of any thing and so now what.

I have really shitty insurance, but now I have to try and find a doctor that is in plan and see how much it's going to cost to get this checked again and/or taken care of.

today fucking sucks.

**Update : My old doctor I had when I was a kid is actually in my student health insurance plan. The student health insurance actually isn't so bad. It looks like you pay for everything up to $100 and after that it's a $10 copay which I can handle.**

7 comments:

Big Jay said...

okay....mike can take your bp next time we see you...or if you want to take a trip to our place he can do it whenever...just to see where you're at...

:hugs:

I hear ya on the cycle sucking thing. But lets get you calm and what not...looooooooooooooow bp...

Laurie said...

How frustrating. I hope you get things figured out soon. Health insurance in grad school sucks so I know what you are up against.

Anonymous said...

Definitely frustrating! I hope you are feeling okay and things calm down.

Glad at least your insurance plan isn't as bad as you thought.

Triseverance said...

Must be a trend I noticed something on Arcaner's blog that he tested with a high BP. Hmmmm

MNFirefly said...

((((Leah))) I hope things a little bit calmed down. I have had those episode once or twice. They are not no biggie. You run frequently enough that you can keep it low. Get it re-check and then try again to get the re-fill.

Josh Dysart said...

Hope everything works itself out. Too bad health insurance one of those things that is as simple as "I need medicine/pills ... and I can go to any doctor to get treated." That'd be the logical thought, or so I'd think.

Scott said...

Hey Leah. . . let's see if you can beat Dad's record. Highest BP wins!

You'll be fine. Get a BP machine like I did. They're fun and you and Jason can play doctor!

Wheeee.....

love you,
DAd