Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Bears Eating Colts!

This picture was on the front page of the Chicago Tribune this morning. These are two of the Bears at Brookfield Zoo....eating a Colt helmet pinata! How do you not love it!


Yesterday we had volleyball in the evening and so there was no running. I did however warm up before the match with 15 minutes on a Precore machine. I think I could probably make it 30 mintues before I want to kill myself out of bordom but as far as indoor machines go they are probably my favorite. We played three great games of volleyball and even though we didn't win any games all the games were within a couple points of each other so at least we didn't get blown out.

After the game we did some weights which for me consisted of bicep curls, tricep work, shoulder work, bench press (but not the real one cause it was being used and so I used the machine flavor one) and then lower back. I don't really know what I am doing, but my arms hurt today so I guess that's good. I really should buy a book and get some kind of routine going. We worked out at the gym that is at Fermilab which we are members of. It kinda sucks as a gym, but it's super cheap and we have already paid for a year so we are going to try and go 2-3 times a week. We'll for sure work out on Monday's after volleyball and then try and get in there some other day of the week. After the weights I did the ab workout that I have been doing for the past week. I am starting to be able to add to the number I do of each kind so I guess that is progess right?

And last but not least......a photo of our current evening skyline. Go Bears!


11 comments:

mouse said...

I had a dream this morning that the Bears beat the Colts, something like 28-0.

I'd say that that's a good omen, but I also had a dream last week that my mom came back to life, and... well... that's impossible.

BUT HOW WEIRD IS IT THAT I'M HAVING DREAMS ABOUT THE SUPERBOWL?!

Kendra said...

Aww, the city is so pretty! Go Bears!
You and Jason are always welcome to visit me in LI. I'd be more than happy to make an NYC tourist trip with you two!

Laurie said...

Wow, Chicago goes all out. I can only imagine how electric it must feel in the city right now. Just wait until Sunday...

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I've always had dreams about bears.  Only in my dreams they aren't playing football.

MNFirefly said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture of the skyline. We had the same one when the Twins went to the World Series back in 1991. :D

Haight said...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Josh Dysart said...

What great photos! I too suffer from cardio machine ADD. I could only do 15 min tonight on the elliptical before wanting to run outside in the freezing cold.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

What are we all going to talk about when the superbowl is over?  Not college basketball I hope.

Running?

LeahC said...

.....we do love IU basketball....

we will be gone however for most of march madness...when we get back it's only about a week till baseball starts...then we are good for the next 6 months.

Go Cubs :-)

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Cubs I can get into.

We should get together a RBF group to sit in the bleachers sometime.  What do you think?

Anonymous said...

Yay Bears!