Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Running!

That's right this whole deal here started as a running blog and there hasn't been much of that lately...and by not much I mean not existent.

Yesterday Jason and I got off the train to the first snow of the season....there was a very light dusting of white stuff on the el platform, although not nearly enough to stick or be anything interesting.

We got home and jumped into running clothes and were out the door instantly. We went three miles and holy hell are we out of shape......or it was just cold and *really* windy. In the end we didn't do too bad, taking about 28 minutes for 3 miles. On the way home we had planned to stop by the Fitness Formula Clubs gym near Halstead and Belmont. I found out online that that location is about 3 blocks from my apartment, the union station location about 2 blocks from my work and the one in Old Town (according to their website) has racquetball courts which I have been dying to get back into for years but haven't found a place that has courts. Does anyone belong to any of the gyms in this chain?

However by the time we got to that area I was freezing and starving and so we decided to just head home instead. Nice to get back out there again. We are planning on another 3 miles tonight as well...I love starting running plans when it's 25 degrees out...ah well. It should be back to the 40s tomorrow. After getting home we started a fire, read a little bit and then watched a few shows on DVR. Ending the evening with the Daily Show which was great.

And thus it's Tuesday.

2 comments:

Scott said...

RUN TRACK RUN!

RUN FAR FAST!

YEAH, RUNNING NEWS FROM TEH WELTY/RIEBERS. NICE GOING.

I love CAPS!

Dawnie said...

I was going to Fitness Formula clubs before I moved, and I LOVED it. Kind of pricy, but abslutely beautiful facilities. Clean, well-maintained, nice equipment in fully functioning order. I spent most of my time at the Old Town and East Lakeview locations and loved it. If it's in your price range, I say go for it.