Wednesday, December 19, 2007

We Don't Want to Quit the Gym!

For you Friends enthusiasts you might understand what that is in reference too....Yes I am speaking to you two :-)

Jason and I joined Cheetah Gym yesterday. Jason saw an ad in The Onion for a two for one deal with a very low initiation fee. So we will only pay $34.50 per person per month, which isn't bad at all. The gym doesn't have a pool or raquetball courts but they do have a very nice facility. The locker rooms are really nice with apparently according to Jason very nice showers and they have free coffee in the mornings. The Bucktown location is in the building that housed The Real World people a couple of years ago.

Running has so not been happening early in the morning because the bed is warm and comfy and I just cannot get out of bed to go slosh through snow at 5am. I don't mind running in the winter if it's during the day though, so we'll still do that on Saturday and Sunday, but during the week we are going to try and go to Cheetah 3-4 days a week.

So that's what we did this morning, getting up and out of bed at 5am sharp and getting to the gym probably around 5:40 or so. This morning we just did 3 miles on the treadmill...which of course I have talked on this blog about my hatred of treadmills. However. These treadmills have TVs hooked up to them....and they have USA....which was playing Law & Order SVU which I have a mild obsession with. So as Olivia and Elliot stopped crime in NYC, I got an easy breezy 3 miles in. I went the same speed for the first 1.5 miles, then I bumped up the speed, then at 2 miles, I bumped up the speed, and then again at 2.25, 2.5 & 2.75 so I was finishing with an 8 min/mile pace. I also set the incline to 1.0. This won't take the place of running outside, but seemed to work ok. AND it was just about empty when we were there at about 5:45...AND they have free parking...AND there is no time limit on any of the cardio equipment which in my opinion is huge. I hate going to the gym and then it's all....ok, well you can run on the treadmill for only 30 minutes. So it seems pretty good so far.

After our run we did a few weights which is always shocking to the system after not lifting weights for probably a year or so. I had a coffee and checked my e-mail at their internet stations while Jason showered because he forgot his bag in the car. I'm home now and going to start baking some cookies. Busy busy couple of days in this household!

5 comments:

Triseverance said...

No time limits is a huge benefit, but I could see it being annoying unless they have a bunch of equipment. I am a cheater and often sign up 15 minutes early and use different initials on the board. No one has busted me yet.

MNFirefly said...

I love no time limits. I could not survive without getting my mileage without the pressure of getting off the machine.

Have fun baking!

Triseverance said...

Hey, Merry Christmas you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great gym.
Happy Baking _ i'm doing the same thing right now.

Haight said...

Hey guys....Happy Holidays!!