Thursday, December 06, 2007

I Hate Being Cold

There is a part to winter running that I love. There is no doubt, that going out and having a fun run through the snow has something to it. You get back home and feel tough and proud that you went outside and got your run in even though the windchill was at 12 degrees. It's never as bad as you think it's going to be before you and as soon as you get into a rhythm you are good to go.

Then there is the other part where getting me out the door is like ripping off my fingernails one by one. We had big plans to go running when Jason got home from work last night. But I was already freezing since the heating in this apartment has to be violating many housing codes since there is one stupid vent no where near the living room, but that's not the point of this post. The thought of having to go out and slip and slide through a run, while at the same time freezing my nose off was less than inviting. However, sitting under a blanket and cuddling with Jason while watching the last two episodes of Chuck that we had recorded on DVR (by the way....that show is awesome! I heart Chuck) sounded just perfect.

This is why my running always takes a turn for the worse in the winter months. It becomes so not fun anymore. Tonight I am picking up Jason from work and we are going to go to the lakefront path to run as at least it's pretty over there and since he won't ever get home, there will be no tempting cuddling taking control. Let's just hope I can get the car out of it's parking spot.

No comments: