Thursday, December 13, 2007

3 is More than 0 but Less Than 5

Yesterday when Jason got home from work and after he marveled at some of the new Christmas decorations that I got, we went out for a run. The plan was to go 5. But as usual with winter running, the desire (even after getting dressed) is missing. The love of running is still there, don't get me wrong. But around the holidays and when it's cold outside, I love just being in our cozy tiny apartment and seeing each other and whatever.

But we went. But we did cut the 5 mile run down to 3 miles. Which I contend is more than not going at all which is always good :-)

Come February 25th, Jason is going to be one sad puppy with his fancy job that has little vacation time...cause this girl is heading to St. Maarten to visit the sailing dad and stepmom. I am super excited...mainly because the little kitten will still be kitten sized :-) Plus it'll be great to get out of Chicago when the weather is being horrible as it always is at the end of February.

Next week starts the cookie baking for the holidays. With slightly more planning this year I am hoping to not be up at 3am, with globs of peanut butter in my hair.

5 comments:

Theoutofshapeguy said...

WE WANNA COME WITH!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

3 is defintely better than none.
I wish I could run away to an island - I'm with Mike I want to come too!

Good luck with cookie baking - I'm going to try to bake about 14 dozen cookies in about 1.5 days. I might end up in the insane asylum!

MNFirefly said...

Major droolage! Sounds like SOOO much fun!

Joe said...

Poor Jason! :-)

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I am so with you on preferring a cozy apartment as to running in the cold!! I can't think of anything better to do during Feb than to get away to somewhere tropical - great decision. Poor Jason.