Monday, August 21, 2006

Procrastinate.

Well that's just fine. Yesterday Jason and I woke up at 9.....let me go back.

On Saturday morning Jason and I got up at 2:30am to go see my old roommate compete in her first triathlon. It was so much fun, but needless to say we didn't get much sleep. We both slept a bit in the car on the ride home and then we went to bed around 10:30 pm.

The alarm going off at 6:30 was not happening as apparently my inner bully came out and started beating on the alarm. Why is it I can so easily find the snooze button, but not the FUCKING OFF button! I snoozed for 2 hours dragging myself out of the bed at 8:30am. We talked about how our run was going to go and realizing that the air and water show was happening on the lake front there would be no running there but we had an important run to do (15 miles with 12 at marathon pace). I went back into the bedroom to change into my running clothes and I layed down, and that was it. I stayed in bed until...1 pm! I have not slept that late since I was an undergrad.

By that point we decided that we had to wait until this morning to do the run. Jason is working a midnight-8am shift and I have tons of work to do so we both came in here after going to a friend of the family's house for dinner. So I have been here since 10pm, I woke up at 1pm.....I had steak and shake at 5am. I am guessing this run is going to be brilliant!

OOOOH in very exciting news, I got a phone call from my cousin Lisa at about 11pm, her boyfriend Evin proposed to her last night! So a big congrats to the two of them, they are both such awesome people and a perfect match! Congrats!

Alright, 1.5 hours still before we can run. big. sigh. I probably should chalk this one up to stupid schedules and work but we'll see, maybe it will go really well...

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Best of luck on the run this morning. Doesn't matter when you do the long ones, as long as you get 'em in.

BTW, when's the next gathering? I need my nexy excuse to get into the city.

Triseverance said...

hahahaha I can no longer sleep past 8:30, I really must be getting old. Good luck with your run.

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Good luck on the run! I don't have any trouble finding that snooze button either. I hate that thing!