Saturday, August 26, 2006

Book Report x 2

Hello all, although it took me awhile to get through In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, I made up for that slowness for getting through another book in one day yesterday, so here are two for your enjoyment :

When I started reading this book Jason was on shift and I was home late at night. Although I tore through the first chapter I was so terrified that I had to put the book down and wait till he got home to continue. As I was nearing towards the end of the book my mind suddenly went, "Wait, this is a true story" Which of course I knew, but it is written so well and it's so entralling that you can not tell. The level of creepyness that the two killers contain with in their person is really unnerving. So for those of you that like a good creepy book and a bit of history, pick this one up.



While in Bloomington my friend Karen aka The Super Reader gave me a bunch of new books to read. This was one of them. I started it in the car on the way home and I finished it later that night in my comfy reading chair. So a nice quick read if you are looking for something of that type. The story follows a 15 year old autistic kid for a few weeks as he tries to find out who killed a dog in his neighborhood. He ends up opening all kinds of doors that you know as the reader can see he probably shouldn't be opening. A very good story, and as usual Leah aka The Book Whore recommends it.

Happy Reading.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Nice book reports!!

Anonymous said...

I love the dog book. I just watched Capote w/ Tom so hope to read the book soon. PS Glad Bloomington went well.

Triseverance said...

In Cold Blood is actually next on my reading list. It came highly recommended. The World According to Garp is one of my favorite movies funny thing is I never read the book. Anyway, I am amazed and jealous that you read an entire book in one day.....ahhhhh life before children. Have a great peak week you two.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Your book report was insightful.

But, I have to admit, I'm probably going to continue to keep falling asleep in front of the television.  It's what I do.