Monday, November 23, 2009

We Are All Ready

Well....with all the stuff. With the being parents part maybe not so much.

Jason and I had just about the best weekend. We had planned on spending all of Saturday walking around the city and enjoying that. But turns out when you don't sleep enough and are 39 weeks pregnant that's not so easy to do. But we did go to Yolk at the River North location for breakfast and if my doctor is reading this, I had the fucking oatmeal ok! No Salt! Even though they have the best egg breakfast in town, I declined. The oatmeal was delicious though, so there's that.

From there we walked to Dearborn and then to Lincoln Park. Along the way we took a belly picture at the same location that we took one at 20-something weeks. It's still living on my camera though so I'll post it tomorrow.

We stopped in Lincoln Park for a short rest and the stopped at starbucks at Wells and North and then as I was sitting in comfy chairs and sleepy we decided to just train home. After getting home I passed out for about 3 hours. Which was *awesome*. We spent the rest of the night doing *nothing* (yes mom, I know I have to finish those thank you cards...tonight for sure!). We watched a lot of football and then watched the first two Indiana Jones movies. Those movies really are the best. I started a few new knitting projects and have been in a knitting craze. I have a project 99.9% completed for the new niece we have arriving next week and I'm thinking I can get this other thing done before she gets here as well. Hence. Maniac. But maniac in a good way. I seem to get crazy about things and then I'll put it down and then get crazy about something else. I'm guessing when Lucy is here the photography will bump back up a bit.

Yesterday I got up at 6 and from that point on didn't stop moving. We had a bunch of things to do around the house including a bit more rearranging of our bedroom to get the portable crib in there so Lucy can be near us for the first few weeks to a month. We cleaned off our back porch and can now put our order of firewood in now that there is somewhere to put it! My Dad and stepmom came over around noon and we watched football and then we hung all of the prints in the baby's room. Even though I was so tired I had a really hard time falling asleep and then spent most of the night fairly uncomfortable. Yay for pregnancy!

So yeah. Done. Done? Maybe? I think we need a *few* more things but other than that we are good to go. I'll take some pictures of the finished baby's room tonight. I know we did way more than you have to do, but it helps my crazy and anything that can calm that down is a good thing.

Tomorrow morning is another appointment with an accompanying ultrasound (high blood pressure is keeping these coming). So I'm guessing we'll get to hear that her head is in the 90whatever percentile and I have too much fluid and blah blah blah. She's been a little moving crazy thing all weekend and so I know she's doing fine. Maybe just anxious to come out?

So here we go. Any day now!

No comments: