Monday, November 02, 2009

Getting lower (but still head up)

(I think)

Looking over at Leah as she was getting ready to go for our nightly walk (she had her stretchy pants pulled up somewhere around her armpits), I noticed something different. She was clearly still pregnant (no doubt), but it was just...different.

Her tummy bulge was pointing more...south. Hey! I think the baby dropped! Of course, as of yesterday we were still able the feel the baby's head sticking straight up, but her ass seems to have nestled gently in between Leah's hips. Which is cool, because it's a nice little sign that things are progressing.

Actually, now that I think about it, how is the baby going to turn if she's really dropped. Isn't it going to be about impossible for her to get a leg down at this point to hike herself around? And if her center of gravity is now somewhere around Leah's belly button, Lucy can't really tip forward to flip over either, right? I mean, maybe she can, but it just doesn't seem possible.

Maybe it's just me (and I'll admit that I'm no medical expert), but I see our little weeble-wobble wobbling but not falling down. I guess we'll find out over the next three weeks.

No comments: