Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Hates Lateness

I put in an order for firewood on Monday and the original plan was they were going to deliver it yesterday between 2 and 4pm. 3:55 rolled around and so I gave the place a call just saying I was checking in and seeing if they were going to still show up. They said that holiday traffic was killing them and the guy would be there, but just be late. Eventually I talked to the driver at about 4:50 who was still stuck on the Kennedy and asked to reschedule for today at 9am. No problem on this end.

It's now 9:09 and he's not here yet. Granted he said 9:30 at the latest, and so I'm not mad yet. However, I just think that 9:09 is later than 9am even if you did say the latest would be 9:30. How about a call saying, yep, still on our way or something.

I HATE LATENESS. I know there is nothing you can do about traffic (or babies not being ready to come out on time or early) but when you reschedule you should be on the phone calling me if you are going to be late. Now I am going to have to be the bad guy on the phone and be like yeah your delivery guys isn't here yet and I have to leave at 10:30. Yes I know he might still be here in the next few minutes. That doesn't make me any less crazy.

Lots of errands to run with my Dad today. I'm sure he's going to be super excited to go into a Jewel, Carters, Be By Baby, Target....all the day before Thanksgiving, let's see if we can make his head actually explode. Maybe most people have left for the holiday already and so it won't be that bad. Wishful thinking? Probably.

Thanksgiving is tomorrow and while it's my favorite holiday of the year all I can think of is baby and so I keep forgetting that I'll soon be eating some delicious Turkey dinner. So Happy Thanksgiving everyone and think good baby coming thoughts!

editors note: the firewood guy showed up at 9:25 so not late which is good. 

No comments: