Friday, October 09, 2009

Best Sleep Ever

Seriously, I would like to know what 33 week pregnant woman is sleeping as much or as hard as I am at night. I go to bed at like 9:30 and read for about 30 minutes, and then I'm out like a light until the alarm goes off at 6am. Which I then snooze for about 45 minutes. In addition to the sleeping, the dreams I'm having I think are movies they are so vivid and detailed (not to mention super super strange!)

I maybe would sleep like this when we were in the midst of marathon training, but seriously it's crazy. The good thing is that I'm way full of energy in the mornings....the bad thing is that at night I'm dead and feel like crap. I have always always been a good hard sleeper from like 2 weeks old apparently, so it's not like something totally new. I just thought when I was this far along in the pregnancy I would have trouble sleeping. I just think it's hilarious that I'm sleeping so much and so hard. The feeling like crap in the evening I have noticed is more exaggerated when we don't go for a walk or anything in the evenings. I walk a lot to get to work and back but I think I have to do extra to combat the sitting at work all day.

I know a lot of woman at this stage of their pregnancy have to get up a lot in the middle of the night to pee or are in general just uncomfortable. Given that Lucy is all folded up like a lawn chair and upside down in there, I'm wondering if her head is not sitting down on my bladder like it would be in the normal case and so I don't have that problem. And as far as the uncomfortable goes, I'm fine. Sometimes at night she really gets rocking and rolling and it's not the best feeling in the world and it kind of makes me sick, but again..maybe because all of her business is up near my stomach and so when she moves she's doing funny things to my tummy. Who knows.

All I know is I feel great, and have been sleeping great and have about 6-7 weeks to go. Which is crazy.

This weekend we trading cars with my cousin Lisa and using her hatchback to go to IKEA to get the furniture for the baby's room. Then we are going to spend most of the day tomorrow putting that together and getting our bedroom put together better, throwing more things out and hopefully getting books together to donate. Sunday we are doing work type things and that's all we have planned so far. So busy as usual for the weekend, but good busy.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Well thanks for rubbing it in. But no, seriously, I am glad to hear you are feeling great and sleeping well! Hope it keeps up for you all the way to the end.

Have fun at Ikea and getting the baby's room ready. It really makes it all start to seem real doesn't it?