Friday, September 19, 2008

Drugged? Speaking Up! and 4 miles.

So. Yeah. 

My addiction to caffeine hit an all time high on Wednesday when I downed 3 espresso drinks, a bunch of coffee and diet cokes. Then I went out to Sheffields to have some drinks and dinner when Jason was at the Cubs game. It's a good thing that Jason wasn't there with me because there was a total racist asshole there and when Jason's with me I get a lot braver to stand up and stay something to people like that because I know that I probably won't get my ass kicked. In other words I get a lot tougher, but that night I was alone so I just said what I would say to him in my head. No I'm not crazy.  

I went home and played some guitar hero and watched the end of the game. Jason came up and I was so "weird" or something. Remember when redbull and vodka was the drink of choice for everyone and it was awesome cause you were like drunk but also buzzing from all the caffeine? Yeah. That's where I was on Wednesday night and it was less than enjoyable.

Hence on Thursday I had to cut the coffee drinks down. So I cut things by about half and I felt a ton better yesterday. 

I have had a pretty good week at work. I spent a lot of my time in graduate school angry and I think a lot of that was me not talking about things that were bothering me, or things that I could tell weren't working. This company has a very open policy of talking about how your daily work activity is going. It's a strange thing for me as I haven't been exposed to that kind of thing. And it's more than they are just ok with hearing it, they also want to try and make things better. So that's super cool. And I'm just proud of myself for speaking up as I noticed that it was a problem over the past few years and I'm trying to work on it. So yay me!

Yesterday Jason and I ran 4 miles. We have 7 miles on the docket for this weekend, but as tomorrow I am going to a conference and then in the evening we have a friend's 30th birthday party I don't know when we would get it in...and with the party on Saturday night I don't know how we'll be doing on Sunday. SO I am thinking we could do the 7 miles tonight as it's a beautiful day and the timing would be great. So that's the plan for now. 

Happy Friday all. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you were able to fit it in!

running supplements said...

Hi,

I am a fan of your blog and subscribe to your RSS feed. I would be interested in sending you some product free in exchange for a review.

My name is Tony Escarcega and I am a founder of a company called Cega Nutraceuticals LLC that has developed a new performance running supplement called PR1pak. PR1pak is nutritional supplement that contains 25 ingredients that are designed to assist in the body's adaptation to the stresses of training, and it comes in a 30 day supply. This is a little different than some of the supplements that promote more energy or power, but are usually unable to deliver on their promises.



PR1pak works by allowing your body to recover faster, which in turn lets you train harder. I have worked with scientists here at the University of Wisconsin to come up with the patent-pending formula. One of the ingredients is conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), which typically has been used for weight loss. Scientists here at the university were the first people to discover the benefits of CLA in the early 1990's, of which there are many other benefits besides weight loss. It improves your immune system, and is a potent anti-inflammatory. In addition, there are two adaptogens (eleuthero and cordyceps) as well as a multivitamin geared for endurance athletes. All of these ingredients are packaged in an easy-to-take daily packet.



My background: I was an All-American in the 5000m while competing for the University of Wisconsin, graduating in 1997. I continued to train after graduation, but was hampered by injuries. During this time, I was a biomedical engineer, and continued to search for nutritional supplements that could prevent injury and improve performance. Frustrated by not finding what I wanted, I decided to formulate my own, which eventually became PR1pak.

Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.