Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Well after the long run, I felt great but had an annoying pain in my lower right leg. The inside of my ankle is very sore and i am a little concerned about it. Monday we ran/walked 3.5 miles as we ran 15 miles the day before anyways and so thought it would be a good idea to take it easy. We ran 5 miles yesterday and although my leg didn't hurt until about mile 2, by the end it was screaming. The area is right at the ankle and it does look slightly swollen (although as Jason says it's hard to tell because due to previous ankle sprains i have quite a bit of scar tissue there)

humpf.

I don't know the best course of action to take here. Luckly this week in our training schedule has a race planned for the long run. The recommended distance is 5-10K so even though I'm not signed up for a race this distance is very short and so I guess it's a good week to have this twinge of pain. I will probably take today off and keep icing, and try and run tomorrow and see how it feels. After training for the past 8 months, I DO NOT want to screw my chances of entering the marathon by being stubborn on a so called easy week. I am very frustrated and I don't know the best thing to do here. Taking time off requires pushing back my training runs (i don't have room in the schedule for this really). Not taking time off could make the whole thing worse. Well, I'll just have to see what happens.

No comments: