Monday, August 01, 2005

The long run according to Jason:

I thought the run went very well, especially considering we were adding 1.5 miles onto the end of our longest run instead of just a mile. I'll left you read below for the details of our loop, but one neat thing about it is that it took us past McCormick Place. Yes, that McCormick Place...the one on 22nd street. Considering we started out on Waveland, that is quite a hike. That was definitely one of the highlights of the run. Other highlights?

  • Swimming afterwards: felt awesome and was a great reward
  • Popsicles: great reward #2
  • getting to say: "I just ran 15 miles...and it's not even 9am yet"
The only negative thing of note is the dime-size blister on my heel, but if that is the worst thing that happens, I can live with it. I think the swimming in the cold water was really good for the leg muscles as my legs feel really strong the next day. I also iced my knees and so far my knees don't ache. In general, a pretty solid day after so far.

In summary: Good run. 15 miles is very far.

No comments: