Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm the Result of the Week

At Fermilab there is a daily publication called Fermilab Today. It's a general noting of happenings at the lab. On Thursdays however, they have a description of a "Result of the Week". It's just a small article about a new analysis at the lab and this week... IT'S MY ANALYSIS.

You can read about it here : http://www.fnal.gov/pub/today/index.html. It's on the right hand side of the page.

In other news, we don't have any updates on moving yet and I don't want to talk about it here, just yet. I have no morals about apartment people, but I don't want to do anything until I have to. We did see some really nice places yesterday through The Homestead Group and the guy we were working with was really nice.

For those of you who aren't from Chicago or lived here very long....the renting season is October 1st and May 1st and so the number of properties available is a bit lower now. However, the good thing is that we saw a lot of empty apartments and so could perhaps get a better deal because they want someone in the apartment and we are willing to move in immediately.

As far as running. Tuesday was a *highly* stressful day and so chose to drink too much wine and eat too many snacks and so didn't get up early to run on Wednesday morning. Then after another long day yesterday we opted for DVR and Penny's Noodles instead of running.

BUT

This morning, we got up right as the alarm went off at 5:30am and we were out running by 5:50. It was perfect actually. It was a bit chilly but nothing that the right clothing couldn't take care of. We are hoping to do this about 3 times a week and even if we just do 5-6 miles we would get the mileage back up there. We are going to try and go again tomorrow morning, and then 8 on Sunday.

Oh right. I know all the words to the songs that are on the new Fresh 105.9...which makes me feel old as they are advertising it as "hip light music". Add to that, my 10 year high school reunion is a week from tomorrow.....which is terrifying. I am going with my one high school friend that I still talk to and we are meeting ahead of time to study our yearbook so we can know who people are :-)

8 comments:

Jesse said...

Congrats on being featured in Fermilab Today!

Triseverance said...

You are just silly smart. I stopped reading because my head was starting to hurt. :-)
And cry me a river about your 10 year reunion, my 20 year is next year. Talk to the hand, talk to the hand.

Scott said...

Result of the week today. . . the Nobel tomorrow!
DAd

Thomas said...

Congratulations, Result of the Week, though I didn't get past line 2 in the article itself.

And just as well done for getting up early. That's the way to go!

Iron Jayhawk said...

...I didn't see anything about tricycles in that article. ;)

But CONGRATS! So very exciting on being the stellar highlight of the week!!

We're bringing back some pretty potent rum. Sounds like you two could use a drink when we return. This moving insanity is nuts. We've got a sofabed if you need it!

MNFirefly said...

I hope you find something soon. I have not had a chance to listen to the new radio station yet, but love LOVE 100.3 and not ashamed of it one bit.

15 year H.S reunion for me next year. Yikes!

Margo said...

Congrats! Good luck with your potential move too. No sympathy from me either on your 10 year - I've got my 20 year coming up next year! :)

Nicole said...

I've used the Homestead Group for my last 2 places and LOVED them! Good luck!