Friday, November 23, 2007

The Big Night

Ok. Not really.

Tonight is my big 10 year reunion happening at Sluggers in Wrigleyville. I happened across a picture of myself and a good friend of mine during my freshman year of college...man I looked way young. With my new hair cut and my ability to now wear makeup and clothes that aren't XL, I probably look a bit different.

However, apparently the high school gods have it in for me given that I am having an acne problem. I went off the thing that kept things in check and so now once a month around "that time" I get some major problems on my face. Never had a pimple in high school. So the first time I see people in 10 years and it's going to be all, "Hi, it's Leah. OMG! How are you? Yes, yes I do have adult acne". Jason the perfect hubby says that it doesn't look bad at all, but did add in that "it's going to be dark in the bar so it won't be so noticeable." Ah well, if I still cared what those people thought about me I would care more. I am actually looking forward to seeing people. It should be a wacky good time. I am meeting my friend Jean ahead of time at another bar for martinis and she is going to bring her yearbook so we can study :-)

Jason and I had a great Thanksgiving at my Aunt Donna's house. All the food was amazing as always, and everyone was there but one (out of five!) of my cousins and my dad and stepmom. They were all missed. I should have some pictures up soon from the activities.

Alright, well I need to get multiple drinks down before I go. Let's hope I don't pull a, "Well, you were a bitch in high school and looks like you still are" to anyone. :-)

2 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Good luck tonight, Leah. Just be yourself.

I am glad your Thanksgiving turned out well.

Anonymous said...

Hope the reunion was fun. I personally skipped mine.