Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Fun Night

Friday night at the reunion was great. There were still some cliquish things happening and I am guessing, going by the number of people dancing and the amount of free liquor flowing, that there were plenty of "oh no's" happening as they looked at the person they hooked up with, the morning following. My friend Jean and I just did laps and would see people that we kind of recognized and be like, "Hey I think you look familiar, so what's been going on for the last 10 years". I got a lot of questions about my dad (he was a teacher at my high school), but it was actually pretty fun to see some of the people I was in school with. I wish that more of my people had been there, and by my people I mean the super nerds....but ah well. I think having the reunion in an open bar situation in the city made it tons of fun. I don't think it would have been fun without that part of it, although the headache I had on Saturday disagreed.

The rest of the weekend was great as well. On Saturday afternoon, our good friend Joe and his girlfriend Lisa came to the city. We had lunch at Small Bar and then walked around Wicker Park including a visit to Myopic Books where I found some good stuff and Reckless Records. A relaxing Saturday night followed which was great. I am loving these weekends.

Today, we rean 9 miles in the morning and Jason realized what happens when you don't run at all during the week. That puts my total at 24 miles for the week. I am really liking just running 4 days a week. Especially with the winter weather, I like have the other 3 days for buffers if the weather is bad or whatever. I also ordered my Christmas present from Amazon today and it should be here on Wednesday. I got a stand mixer to help with my Christmas cookie extravaganza. YAY no more mixing by hand!

We are now in Bloomington because Jason got a personal day for tomorrow and I have to give a big talk in my department at 4pm tomorrow. I'm nervous, but I'm trying to not to my usual stay up all night from nerves, then get up at 6am, and be ready to give the talk at 8am so I can then be nervous and worried about it for another 8 hours. SO, I'm going to try and sleep in and I should be fine. With the traffic we had coming down I ran through my talk and felt pretty good about it. Hopefully I'll be able to talk as slow as I did during the run through as it went really well.

2 comments:

Triseverance said...

I so remember my 10 year as being a timewarp back to highschool. It was actually kind of sad and depressing.
Glad you are finding a good groove with your running.

MNFirefly said...

My 10 year was very interesting. So much so that I am really looking forward to my 15 year next year. I am glad that you had a great time.