Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sweat it Out...Really?

I must be an athlete from the 80s because after having a horrible day at work feeling like crud, and ending up really cranky I decided to go running when we got home thinking I could maybe sweat the sick out. And actually....I feel a ton better. I don't know if it was just a week of laying around feeling crappy and staying indoors was making it worse, but I think that the sweat it out might actually do something.

So Jason and I ran together for the first 2 miles and then he went ahead of me and did another 2 miles at faster than a snails pace and I kept nice and slow for my last mile or so. I went a bit over three miles though, probably around 3.5 or so. We won't run tonight because we are getting our hair cut. But we'll be back on it tomorrow. I'll probably do an *exciting* three or so miles and Jason has a 7 x 400m speed workout going on.

So I'm 15 weeks + some number of days pregnant and I have been doing the belly photos after our runs on Sunday. I only started doing it at 13 weeks because really there wasn't anything to show before then. So you can check out my smugmug gallery to see the pictures so far. And I'll make sure to post them here in the future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. I'm taking my first belly shot today. I'm at 13 or 14 weeks - they can't agree on a due date! Anyway, nice job on the runs.

And, congrats!

Bridgette said...

i know that when my allergies are bad, running will help alleviate the symptoms... at least temporarily. :)

MNFirefly said...

You look awesome, Leah. I wish I looked that great when I had all of three of my kids. I hope you feel better soon.