Sunday, July 12, 2009

2 Weeks later...

means that I'm at the 20 week mark. oooooh baby! 1/2 way there. I'm feeling the best I have felt yet in this pregnancy and finally starting to enjoy it a bit. The baby is wiggling around in there and so that's been fun. Jason can even feel it if he touches my stomach. He'll say, wait was that it, and I'll say...yeah I think so, I felt something too.

Running has been good....or maybe "good" is the right word. I went running on Tuesday for 4 miles and had some pain and annoyances during the last mile so I had to run and walk. Today I went three and felt a lot better so I might shortening my runs down a bit. Jason's runs have been fine. He hasn't been on top of the training as maybe he should be, but he's getting enough runs in. He had 10 miles today and I guess it went pretty good.

Work has been busy for both of us which makes the weeks go pretty fast.

Today Jason is 30 (! 30!!! people really live that long) and he's currently playing Fallout 3 on the new Playstation 3 that his awesome wife organized to get for him. Yay for fun kid presents when you are an adult...and an old adult too!

My Dad and stepmom come home in 26 days (that's almost here!) and I can't wait for them to get here. My Dad is planning on running the Chicago marathon in 2010 and he's already really jazzed up about it. He's been running down in the islands and hasn't had any muscle stiffness...how about that for a 59 year old man. Oh yeah....his birthday is today too! It's been fun reading about his runs. He's up to about 30 minutes now, and when he started about 2 months ago, I think he could run for a few minutes. Like I always say...just move that stick slowly and you'll get there faster than you think. Look out for a joint father daughter running blog in the near future.

Thursday is our 20 week ultrasound and so we'll get to know a) that everything is ok with the little one and b) find out the gender!!! I am so so so excited about this appointment. We weren't going to find out what was in there and then realized that 40 weeks is a long long time and so finding out was a nice thing to look forward to. Plus with all the knitting that I've been doing lately I want to knit some gender specific clothing.

So that's all from JasonLeahRun land.

6 comments:

Undrunk Panda said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

2010 will hopefully be my marathon year, too. If everything goes well in the Fall and Spring and with my doctors blessing I'll be looking for a marathon. Chicago always looks good. Hmmm...

Colleen said...

20 weeks and baby movement YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound and I'm excited that you guys are finding out if you're having a boy or girl. I still sometime wish I found out, the wait to 40 weeks is torture.

Happy 30th Jason!

Sailor Sue said...

Hey -- you're halfway to baby's birthday. Very exciting. See you real soon!

Anonymous said...

congrats. hope you have a great US.

MNFirefly said...

Looking forward to hearing about the ultrasound report.

Scott said...

OK, let's write more about dad and enough about the baby!

Great that you AND baby are running! See you soon.
DAd