Friday, May 02, 2008

Lincoln Square & 5 IS better than 3

Last night I left the lab around 6:30 or so. I got one small tiny section of the theory section of my analysis done. It's a part that's not super relevant to my analysis, but important none the less. I had to do some drawing in EazyDraw for a figure and that took up the last hour or so that was here. I love drawing things (easy (!) things) on a computer so the time flew by pretty fast.

I drove home last night because we needed to drop our rent off and the office is up north in Lincoln Square. I picked Jason up at the kickball field where the team lost 2-1...although apparently Jason got a hit and then subsequently got picked off first. Yes. I think he should post about kickball too. I'm kidding.

So then we drove up north and decided to park and walk around and find somewhere to eat. It's such a great neighborhood and last night just propelled us to want to live there even more. We are looking forward to the day we can move out of our shitty apartment and be up there. We went to dinner at an Irish bar and had beers and sandwiches. All good things. Wow this post is just about as exciting as eating burnt toast.

On the way home we stopped at a CVS because I needed razors, and here is where the 5 is better comes in. I got the new Venus whatever razor that haas 5 blades on it. I'm telling you, even though I felt ridiculous and like I was in that Saturday Night Live skit where the guy has the really big razor on his face, it's the most amazing thing I have ever used. So there. There is me buying into advertising. And I love it.

Alrihgt. I have a talk to give in about 2.5 hours. No I don't know why I get to the lab so early when I have to give talks because it just makes me more geeked out than usual and then I'm all nerved up and then I talk to fast....AND ... AND....and now I need to calm down.

Happy Friday All!

No comments: