Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lazy Sunday

I have to say that today was by far the laziest Jason and I have been for a very long time. Last night we hooked up with some of our friends at the movie theater to see Juno which was *hi-larious* and highly recommended from these two. After that we headed to a bar in Bucktown where friends of our friends were have an all you can drink special night for a birthday party which was fun.

Today though. Nothing. We went to bed last night at probably about 2am or so and for some reason I woke up at 6:30 in the morning. I laid in bed for about 15 minutes trying to will myself back to sleep which didn't happen. So up I was. I got the Sunday paper and put a free On Demand movie on and since then haven't done much since.

When I was growing up, Sundays at my Dad's house was always the same. Sunday paper. Classical music on the radio. Big breakfast. In the winters of course the afternoons were consumed with snacking and football. I would like to have that tradition as well when we "grow up". So we had the paper and I made a really good breakfast of scrambled eggs with cheese, onion & green pepper along with some bacon and home fries style potatoes. And unfortunately we watched the Colts lose (sad for Jason and small joy for me). The IU basketball game followed that as well as the Giants/Cowboys game so there was flipping back and forth. The Hoosiers won and were ranked #10 although I don't think that will change as they played UofI who was unranked.

We just started playing Resident Evil 4 on the Wii and it's super awesome and bloody. It's going to take some time to get into it though as I am dying before the second save point.

Last week I ran about 19 miles. It's not great but it's not nothing either. It for sure feels good to be getting back into a workout schedule. Tomorrow it's up early at the gym for treadmill running & weights.

No comments: