Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I'm Flippin Tired!

Yesterday we had day in the usual Jason/Leah fashion that everyone has come to love. The evening started off with us taking the 4:54 Metra from Wheaton to the City. Of course the plan was to get to the city aroudn 6pm, walk to Mike & Barbs, run, Idol etc etc. All of a sudden our train stops moving and the conductor comes on and says something like, "Folks, I'm sorry there is a freight train stuck in front of us....we'll be moving soon", followed by, "Hi Folks, I'm really sorry but it seems that the freight train is having mechanical problems we'll be on our way soon." Thirty minutes later we were moving. For those of you that know me, know that I don't like my schedule to be thrown off AT ALL. I was so annoyed.

Due to some speedy walking though we got to Mike and Barbs only about 15 minutes late.
We all changed and headed out for a run. Oh and then there was some wind. We walked over to Oak Street Beach and headed north from there. The wind coming out of the north made for some fun miles, but I have to say it's been awhile since I have gone running on the lakefront path and it was super awesome to be back. We went over the bridge at North Ave to try and get some kind of break from the wind.

During the last mile we pushed it pretty well with a 7:45 min/mile. I know that I'll have Lactate Threshold runs coming up in about a month and half and I don't want the speed to be so mysterious when the time comes to run it. We did the total run in 34:27 which isn't bad. I was a bit out of breath, but I think due to the last mile.

After the run we headed back to the Kansas condo and the fabulous duo made us dinner AND after watching American Idol gave us a ride home! Thanks again you guys, we had a great time! I am hoping to use the two this summer so I can drop my stuff off at their place and get long runs/speedworkouts/LT runs done on the lake front where I don't have lights to worry about. Hopefully this works for them as well. Come on MARATHON TRAINING.

This morning I wasn't so happy as I had to use every single fiber of my soul to throw myself out of bed. Not enough sleep and hard runs make for one tired Leah. Tonight it's a quick walk home, 5 miles and then relaxing and to bed early!

I also have a send a shout out to my good friend Bridgette who signed up to run the Chicago Marathon this year. Her first one. I am so freakin' impressed with this girl on a daily basis that I know she's going to do a fantastic job training and running this race. I have known her for 10 years, since my first day on the IU campus (oh my god we are old) and she never ceases to amaze me. Nice job girl. I can't wait to give you all my tips and tricks to run this race! You are going to be fabulous.

No comments: